As we get so close to the end of this part of the journey I HAVE to say thank you to all of my AMAZING friends and family who have lifted us up in so many ways throughout this entire process. It is so clear to me how God worked through EACH of you to accomplish His amazing plan of bringing Meili into our family. Each of you played a part in "defending the cause of the fatherless" in a very real way and you have meant more to me then you will ever know! Mom, your sacrifice, perseverance, selflessness, and love these last couple weeks in taking care of my precious babies at home has been one of the greatest gifts that you have ever given me. I am in awe of you and thanking you from the deepest part of my heart! I love you momma! Dad, thanks for being there too and thanks for the fun times you always give my babes. Bubs, thanks for helping mom in her gigantic task and thanks for God's Word that you sent with us that has been so encouraging. Thanks to the entire Skipper clan for giving my kids a very special and memorable Thanksgiving. And to my friends.....you know who you are and I have to say that you are the MOST AMAZING friends in the world. My next journal entry is going to be about each of you and what you mean to me....the ways you have encouraged us, prayed for us, supported us, given my mom a break and my kids a fun time with play dates, brought us food for when we get home, sent sweet and funny emails to us in China, been excited for us with every important milestone we passed in all that we went through last year, offered my mom support while we've been gone, hugged my kids for me, surprised us in very special ways....oh, I could go on. I am a pretty good emotional mess right now so it may be a while before I can explain to each of you what you mean to me and what you have meant to me...so in the meantime, know that I am so thankful and I love each of you, my friends, soooo much.
I am attaching this picture of Jorie with 2 of her buddies that was taken on one of her "playdates" while we have been gone. Malia, I can't tell you how much this picture meant to me. As Jorie struggles a little more every day with us being gone, seeing this smile and knowing that she is being loved and cared for by so many of you while we are gone means the world to this momma's heart. Thank you everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment