Monday, December 14, 2009

Dec. 11th....Welcome to America Meili!!!!!






















Well, what would you do if it was 4:30am and you'd been wide awake since 1:19am?
Yup, might as well update the blog.
I've already done a few other things, like plan out my future, talked to the Lord, talked with my husband, etc.  Now, I will update the blog and hopefully try to sleep a couple quick hours before the kids awake for school.  Let me tell ya, jetlag is BRUTAL.
Well, our trip home went really well.  Marc and I look back in awe of our trip and how smoothly every single detail went.  God's hand is ALL OVER our trip....but I'll write more on that later.
Our plane arrived a little late into PDX and then we had to go through customs (for the gazillionth time) which took FOREVER.  Being in the Homeland Security office of PDX and having that nice man look at Meili and say "welcome home" is a moment that I will not soon forget.  Then we dashed out of there and were welcomed by friends and family.  The "welcoming" was perfect and another moment created by God for me.  Our friends were so quiet and allowed us a few sweet moments to wrap our arms around our kids and for them to get a look at their new sister.  How sweet it was.  After that I don't know yet if my favorite part was seeing my BUDDIES that have supported me so much or if it was seeing their kids that they brought who had made signs and all of their beautiful smiles and hugs that I KNOW will be a support to Meili forever.  It was all perfect.

So we brought Meili home and were amazed at how quickly she warmed up to her siblings and cousins.  She even warmed up so quickly to our house, as if she knew she was home.  I praise God for that.  We've had her home now for 3 full days and although it is going really well it has not been without challenges. Meili has been hot/cold with her siblings.  She is acting the same to them as she did to Marc and I that second week with her in Guangzhou.  I struggled then and Jorie especially is struggling with that now.  It's hard to bond with someone who seems to adore you one minute and then next is rejecting you.  I am sooooo thankful to God for the time I had with HIM in Guangzhou to process this and learn from Him so that hopefully now I can help Jorie do the same.  I would so appreciate your prayers over her sensitive heart as she deals with this.  

As much as I want to jump back into my normal routines I feel strongly that the good Lord is telling me to do some serious hibernation.  I haven't even turned my cell phone back on yet....and nor do I plan to.....geez, I don't even know where my phone is.  It is quite clear to me that I have only one job to do and that is to be a momma right now.  I have always enjoyed being challenged in life...and this is the biggest one yet.  

God is so good and He is so faithful and as for my jet lag....the best part about it is the sweet moments I have been having with Him in the middle of the quiet nights.  He has been revealing so much to me about how powerful He is and how He has total control over everything...His perfect plan of bringing Meili into our family is being lived out.....it was and is His plan.....He is so awesome and I have never been more in love with Him.  He is my God and I will always praise Him.  Forever.

No comments: