Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It ain't roses anymore!

Hey guys!  Well...where do I start?  Every day is a different day with Meili so when I let a few days go by without blogging it's hard to know where to start and which pieces to fill you in on.
Right now it is Wednesday evening here in China.  We just returned home from the US Consulate where our paperwork was all double checked over and we swore (with about 40 other US families) that we will care for our daughter with the best of our ability.  At the end of our ceremony our adoption is now FINALLY complete in the eyes of the US gov't.  The entire ordeal today was a bit of organized chaos and very "generic" feeling but at the same time it was emotional for me...I could hardly say the oath with the lump that was in my throat and the tears in my eyes.  The US official said at the end, "it's now official!".  I lost it.  ahhh.....
 
Life with Meili has been a little different since her shots a couple days ago.  We really don't know if it is her shots that is to blame but that is what I am choosing to blame it on....She now refuses to walk so we have to carry her everywhere (this is my girl who could walk a marathon a week ago), she communicates plenty with us now and her communication often consists of whining and crying.  yikes.  she is a little more picky with what she eats.  She does NOT like to go to sleep and although still basically sleeping through the night she now wakes up several times crying throughout the night.  have I said "yikes" yet?  it's been really challenging the last few days.  we are sooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to not eat out any more and I am sooooooooooo ready to be with my other 3 kids.  on a good note she is really starting to engage with other children when we are out and about which is so encouraging.  she also doesn't scream anymore when strangers look at her.  have I mentioned how tired and exhausted we are?  I don't mean to complain...I am just trying to be honest.  We still enjoy our sweet baby girl and we love her so much....we are just worn out.  I haven't cried tears of exhaustion for a very long time (perhaps since Mr. Caleb came along) and today I have had those tears flowing.  It's been a GREAT and very LONG couple of weeks.  What a journey!
The picture I have attached is of her dreaded bathtime...dreaded by all 3 of us and probably most of the people on our floor as I am sure they can hear the screams.  I thought I'd show you a picture that wasn't all happy-smiley....a piece of our reality.

No comments: