Saturday, August 25, 2012

progress?????

We had all day free until a paperwork meeting at 3pm so we enjoyed a nice relaxing morning and then a midmorning walk to the nearest park.  This park was similar to the one we hung out in Beijing.  Marc and I just love these parks here in these big cities.  They have so much going on.  And are so beautiful.
 Levi hangs on to our fingers just like Meili did when we got her.  Love.
 Praise the Lord, he did a bit better today with his wanderings.  He still went up to a few Chinese people, but seemed to want to stay closer to us most of the time.  I am definitely celebrating the small victories.
 Just like the park in Beijing, this one also had a nice big lake in the center.
 And we all love our paddle boat time. 
(except for Dad when he has to do all the work.) (Marc made me say that.)
 Have you ever met an almost 3 year old who doesn't know how to clap?  Mormor spent lots of time on the boat trying to teach him. 
 I finally got to spend some good time with the Lord this morning.  It was a sweet sweet time.  In short, He spoke to my heart Colossians 3:12 - "Clothes yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."  Sadly, I have not felt these things towards Levi.   I suppose I have been too consumed with my own selfishness, fears, worries, concerns, etc.  Ah, God is so good.  I had such a better day.  God humbled me and then filled me up with His Spirit.  God is in control. One day at a time.  He will lead.  He will provide.
 This park had about 10 ping-pong tables out in the park.  Marc was like a kid in a candy shop.  Finally he was able to get the nerve up to borrow someone's paddle to play with.  He decided to start with a 60 year old woman to help get his confidence up.  funny.  And you KNOW he was competitive with her.
 Finally he found someone a bit more his age.  He wants me to tell you this guy was the reigning Guangzhou City Champion.........for the last 5 years.  (don't ya'll wish Marcus would sit next to me everytime I blogged?) 
 Anyway, it was good times!
 And as for Mr. Levi......
let's see.....he is doing okay.  I feel like he has improved....uh....hard to know......he is making a SLIGHT bit more eye contact with us. I talked with our Holt guide a while today about him and she is herself puzzled with his actions.  She is going to try to help me get some more info. from his foster mom before we leave China.  I really want to ask her some specific questions about what his "normal" was with her.  That should tell us a lot and hopefully give me some good info that I can pass on to the doctors (and therapists?) that we'll be seeing when we get home.
He sleeps through the night!  yay!
Food is definitely an issue.  He will eat anything if we give him only one option.  But if he sees any options then he will just choose his favorite and refuse the rest.  He has no control, just stuffs food into his mouth until he chokes.  Started trying to teach him how to use a fork today.  I felt we made some progress.  LOTS of work ahead with all things food related.
I FEEL like he is trusting us a bit more.  He goes to all of us equally.  Of course, he would go to anyone.  
We love him.  
And we trust the Lord.  
Thanks so much for your prayers.

1 comment:

Tony and Sue said...

We walked in that park when we were there the first time! I remember the big white building that Joyce called "the Chinese White House". And the ping pong tables. Was the little amusement park still there that had the scary-looking rides that would NEVER be considered safe in the US?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last picture!

Sue