In 12 days we will be on a plane to China.
This little man is on. my. mind.
Trying to somehow balance the normal routines and emotions that we are still experiencing daily here along with the crazy hard emotions that come when I think of my little man and the trauma and significant life change that is about overwhelm him.
Just like the two sides of a coin, there are two sides to every adoption.
There is the happy, extremely exciting, full of joy, deep peace, amazing
love side that Marc and I are feeling. And then there is the really
hard ugly side that Levi's birth mom experienced 33 months ago (and no
doubt still experiences), that Levi's loving foster family I am sure is
feeling now and will soon experience more as deep grief and loss as they send
him an ocean away to extreme unknowns and uncertainties, and then
ofcourse the hard trauma that sweet little boy will deal with as he has to
adjust to his 4th living situation in less than 3 years of life. Hard
and ugly, there is no other way to see that side of the coin.
I am just so sad for him. I definitely feel like God is allowing me to go through some good sympathetic grieving for him now. Perhaps because I will have to be strong and help him through this when we are finally together. I am aware. The grieving could be life long. It could be really really really hard and ugly.
But.
Then I look at this face.
This little rascal sticking his tongue out who God created and is placing in our family.
How can I not smile big through the tears at how amazing God is to give me the privilege of calling this sweet boy my son. No matter how hard and ugly, the beauty of the other side of the coin will always be there....because that side is from God. It is just one side of the coin. But it is the side that will pull us and Levi through. God WILL BE victorious.
With God, it will all be okay.
We'll still, and always, have to deal with both sides of the coin, but God will help us.
And with God, we will be okay.
12 days till the adventure begins.
And God knew I was going to need these 12 days to grieve and deal with my own emotions.
God is so so so good.
look at His word that He gave me tonight:
"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!"
Isaiah 43:18-19
OH PRAISE HIM for the new thing that He is about to do!
We're coming, Levi, we're coming!
12 days.
To God be all glory.

3 comments:
I stumbled across your blog earlier this year when doing a search on CL/CP - your post "Goodbye Cleft ..." came up and I was hooked. We are in the process of adopting a little girl from China with CL/CP and are patiently (okay, not so patiently) waiting, waiting, waiting to bring her home. Looking forward to following your journey in bringing Levi home ~ what a blessing that God has called us His and we can bring these precious children into our families.
Hey lady. Just got caught up on your blog. Almost cried when I noticed the Lord spoke to you through Isaiah 43:18-19. In my struggles in the past year and a half, that has been the verse the Lord has used in my life more than any other verse. I cling to it. Love the way you articulate both sides of Levi's story. God is so good. Can't wait to meet your little guy!
Hello Skip Family!!!
Maybe you will remember us? The Blanchette's? We were with you in China at the same time as you adopted Meili. Haven't been on blogger for a long time. Went on today to do something and happened to see you are adopting another. He is precious!! Very excited for you all!! My husband's sister and bil are about to travel to get their little girl as well. I think they are a step behind you though. Gen is so looking forward to having a cousin from China that's the same age as her. When we told her, her eyes lit up and she said, "Really?!!" then she threw her arms around me and gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you Momma!" (like I had anything to do with it,lol) I wish we could adopt again but Paul is just not ready for #6, so I am so thankful that she will have a cousin to share things with. I'll be following your trip and praying everything goes smoothly! God bless you!
Post a Comment