The walk also provided great opportunities to discuss all sorts of stuff like "smog" (the kids have been saying, "Why is it so hot and the sky is always so white?"), Tienanmen Square events, communism, etc. It is one thing to talk about these things at home in America.....a whole other thing to be experiencing them.
So, the highlight was discovering these paddle boats on the lake. We had so much fun on them and the kids enjoyed steering us around for an hour or so. Today was the first day that Luke's bright blonde hair drew so much attention. Many many many people would see him on the boat and whisper and giggle and take pictures of him. So funny. It made him uncomfortable at first, but then he got used to it.
On our walk, we passed the Forbidden City. We didn't go inside because we will do that tomorrow morning with a tour guide. Still is impressive from the outside. It has the largest moat of the world around it.
So the Chinese giggle and whisper about blonde boys. But it is these boys that make us Americans giggle and whisper.
The kids are hanging in there. The time change has been very hard for them. We all woke up at 3:30am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I am hoping our third night, tonight, is better! Despite their fatigue, they're having lots of fun.
We are now in our room resting.
Tonight we have plans to have dinner with some Americans that live over here to do a special kind of work.....I am not sure how much I am able to share about his job, so I will just leave it at that. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Anyways, we have to take the subway to meet him. This will be an adventure in itself!
God is so good and we are having a blast.
Only 3 days till LEVI !!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Very nice pictures, especially of the split shorts! At least they didn't have him all bundled up!
Sue
Jen!!! I love these pictures! I didn't realize that Luke and Jorie were able to go with you guys! That is so awesome. We've been talking about you guys a lot in our home the past few days and every time I talk about adoption with Marshall I can't get through it without getting teary eyed. I love what you guys are doing...:)
Marshall is enamored with the fact that you guys are on a different time schedule over there!
Anyways, know that the Porters LOVE you all and are praying for smooth everything! Can't wait to see you all when you return. Yay Levi!!!
Chris
Post a Comment