Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hellooooooo from China!

Cannot even tell you how great it feels to be here!
After a loooooong travel day to get here....
 we FINALLY landed in Beijing.....
 where we couldn't have been happier to see our beds :)
 have I mentioned how much I love this guy????
We woke up this morning and after an incredible Chinese/American breakfast buffet,
 we headed to the Great Wall!

It was a hot and beautiful day!  And the grandeur of the Wall never disappoints!

 Jorie wasn't feeling her best today (would appreciate your prayers for her.  I think/hope it is just exhaustion) but she still managed to enjoy the Wall (but not the heat).

 Then we had lunch and enjoyed the Hutong Lane where many Beijing residents still enjoy living in very old and unique neighborhoods.
Tonight we walked around just a little bit trying to stay awake till 7pm (some serious jet lag here people) and then finally crashed in our room.  Everyone is sleeping soundly now but me.  Tomorrow is a free day.  We have lots of options to do in this amazing town of over 20 million people but not sure what we will do yet.

Levi is on my mind constantly.  CANNOT WAIT to get that little guy.  But today was sure a fun day waiting for him!
Good night and thanks so much for praying for us!

2 comments:

Tony and Sue said...

Glad you made it and glad to finally see pictures!

Sue

Tricia said...

Wow - I am SOOO excited for you. And praying for you all too!