Friday, October 16, 2009

just my random thoughts for today.....

*My friends baby is out of the hospital in Ethiopia.  Praise God. 

*I had hoped our Travel Approval would have come by now.  But it hasn't.  We have been waiting 7 weeks since our final paperwork was sent to China.  The best estimate given to us by our agency is that we should have our TA within the time frame of 7-9 weeks.  So, today marks the point of entering into that time frame.  I have been waiting by the phone for the last 3 weeks so I really can't imagine the wait getting any worse.  It already is so hard.  I can't even tell you how hard it is.

*I am thinking about changing Mei's name again.  My husband thinks I am losing my mind....which I may be.  At this point I am just going to say that we will hopefully have her official name picked out by the time I am holding her in my arms. 

*I've been having some more fears circulate in my mind about Mei again.  (they come and go)  I just read on a gal's blog this statement: "Obedience trumps worst case scenerio."  Oh, I think the Lord had her write that just for me!  Exactly what I needed to hear.  As many doubts as I sometimes have about her coming into our family, I have NO DOUBT that we have been following God's lead and obeying Him in this process.  My trust and my faith are in HIM ALONE!

*Marc threw out his back at work this week.  It's hard seeing him in pain.  And frankly, it's hard not having him help with the things he is usually so helpful with.  Amazing what we take forgranted.

*My buddies and I are planning another Worship Defined event.  This one is going to be Worship for Orphans and it is going to be on October 27th at 6:30pm at the new Keizer City Hall.  If you live close to me, I hope you can come!  You KNOW this is an issue near and dear to my heart. 

*I just wanted to say that I CANNOT WAIT to hold my baby girl in my arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cannot wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet your baby girl either! Sorry they haven't gotten back to you guys yet. Hope you get the call soon!!!

Love, Colleen and Erik and Kaidin