My kids and I have been having fun lately playing "Good news/Bad news"....ya know, the kind of game that goes something like this: I say to my kids, "The good news is that I love you all very much, the bad news is that no one cleared their dishes from the table." Then they all for the next hour or so will try to come up with their own form of good news/bad news to tell the rest of us. My favorite is always Caleb because he will scream loudly, "I have some news!", then he'll smile so big as he pauses for about 3 minutes trying desperately to try to think of something to say. Yup, good times at the Skipper house.
So in that spirit, here is my Good news/Bad news report of the day:
Bad news:
*Marc's back is better but STILL bothering him. I wish I had a magic wand to take his pain away.
*Our Travel Approval from China is STILL not here yet.
*One of my dear friends went to China to adopt her baby last week and had to come home on her second day in China (without her baby) due to medical complications. My heart ACHES for her.
Good news:
*two SWEET events coming up in the near future that I am really excited about. Both of them are raising awareness of the orphan crisis in our world.
The first one is tomorrow night (Tuesday) and it is at the new Keizer City Hall at 6:30. Please come if you can. Don't worry, I won't try to twist your arm into adopting. That's not what it is about. What it is about is raising awareness of the LARGE amount of orphans in our world and sharing ideas about how people can take action. My heart in it is that I want to help encourage young families to teach their kids about the problem and involve their kids in the solution. I really believe that my kids generation will be the ones to really make a difference. http://worshipdefined.blogspot.com/
The next event is on Sunday afternoon, November 8th, and I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited about that one too. It will also be raising awareness of orphans but will be done in a different way. I will write more on that later.
So, thanks for reading my good news/bad news of the day. I REALLY hope to see you tomorrow night at 6:30!
No comments:
Post a Comment