Friday, November 5, 2010

counting down.....

I'll be honest,
I didn't expect the one year anniversary of Meili's Gotcha Day to be that big of deal.
Her birthday is just a couple weeks after our Gotcha Day so I thought that would always be the big celebration.
But ever since the calendar turned to November I am out of control emotional about it.
It is really just so amazing to look back over our journey to her and to think about all that God orchestrated to bring her to our family.  It is just simply awesome. 
Her Gotcha Day is still 24 days away......but it's all I can think about......
She is all I can think about.....
She is SUCH a gift from God.
wow.

2 comments:

Bex said...

I totally, totally remember tracking your story last year and cheering you all on! Happy one year! What a gorgeous picture of your girl! :-)

shaneandmalia said...

When Hope came home and I watched the her blossom in front of my eyes and turn into the most joyful child I know I felt the Lord say, that is what love does Malia, just as my love for you gives you freedom to be who you are, that is what your love for Hope is doing. I see that in Miss Mei, she is secure and joyful and silly and stubborn because she knows she is loved, loved, loved!!!