Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Let the memories begin! One year ago today.....

Can it be?  A year has already passed?
 It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.....the day had finally come!  We had a normal morning, getting the kids off to school and then my mom came over to watch Caleb.  At about nine in the morning my dad picked Marc and I up and graciously drove us to PDX.  I'll never forget my dad's hug that he gave me when he said goodbye.  He squeezed me so tight, had tears in his eyes, and said he was so proud of us. 
Marc and I LOVE being alone together.  Perhaps because it happens so seldom, but we love it.  We still have so much fun together.  The flight to China was long.  But it was GREAT!  It was a GREAT day! 
I remember that day as a day of enjoying the company of my husband and having hours and hours of quiet time on the plane to take many breaths and totally relax before our next adventure in life that was about to begin.

No comments: