Alas, we arrived in Beijing at about 9pm....the next day.
The airport was such a weird first impression.
I remember we were like, where's ALL the people? And the airport actually seemed to have smog in it? We were like, are you kidding? Is this possible?
Our awesome agency took SUCH good care of us with EVERY single detail of our trip, beginning from the first moment. They were there and greeted us and took us straight to our hotel. We got our computer set up right away so we could Skype the kids. Then we called them to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. It was a little weird that we actually flew right over our Thanksgving. I was ofcourse GIDDY with excitement. I rememer just sitting at our hotel window starring out into the big city. It had been many years since I had been there before. My mind was filled with memories from the past and anticipation of the future. It was a profound moment/time for me that I will never forget. It was hard but we tried to force ourselves to sleep.....
No comments:
Post a Comment