Hard to believe that a week has already gone by since her surgery.
Her swelling has gone down quite a bit and she is off the pain meds.
The sleeping situation around here is worse because everytime Meili makes a little squabble the oldest two kids don't tolerate that (mainly because they are so tired and sick of their sleep being disrupted) and start YELLING at us to come and attend to her...which then wakes EVERYONE in the house up. Ahhh.....
The tubes in her nose are there to help her nose remain in the right shape while healing. They will be there for 2 more weeks.
We have to clean her incision area 5 times a day and that is torture for her. Bless her heart.
We have to clean her incision area 5 times a day and that is torture for her. Bless her heart.
She is slowly but surely regaining her fun personality. Her strong-will personality was not affected by surgery.
Bonding/Attachment stuff is going well....I am realizing that there is nothing FAST about adoption. Everything about seems to be a test of endurance. A test that I have never been good at. But God is so good to be giving me enough umph to get through each day and a few glimpses of His goodness and the progress that bring hope. Up until yesterday the "bond" had yet to noticably begin for Caleb and Meili. And then I walked into the front room and found them relaxing and snuggling up on the couch. Ahhh. Thank you Lord for bonding our family....in Your time.
Well, we've been home for 6 weeks now. I am so glad that I love to take pictures because otherwise it would be a blur. It has definitely been the most amazing adventure in my life. (and I've been on some pretty good ones.) I have been thinking lately about how it has been so hard and exhausting in so many ways and yet I am more content and have more joy then ever. I feel stronger in my walk with my Jesus then ever before. (although I do realize I have a long way to go.) His grace lavished upon me to continually draw me closer and closer to Him have been the highlight of this adoption adventure. Not only did He bring us one dynamic little precious chica to be in our family but He also has built up my faith in Him to the strongest point yet. (again, I have a LONG way to go.) I can actually say that I am so thankful for every hard moment we have had....because each one has brought me to Him. While transitioning Meili into our family has not been easy, it HAS been good....very very good.
God is my strength and He is my life.
I will serve Him all of my days.
2 comments:
I love it when you share your heart and I love those two snuggling on the couch!!!!
Malia
jen.....I just started crying when I saw the pic of Caleb & Meili. It's happening....thank you Jesus.
will we ever stop crying?????
love you,
melissa
Post a Comment