Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the end of an era.....





I know the title is a bit dramatic but that is kinda how it's feeling right now.  Today I did a big thing.  I turned in my letter of resignation to my job.  This is a big deal for a girl who has basically only had ONE job.  I graduated from nursing school 13 years ago and started at the hospital 2 months later.  I have been an employee there ever since.  I worked for two years in Pediatrics and then almost eleven years in the Operating Room. 



I can come up with a handful of tangible reasons why now is the time to say my good-byes to the hospital, but the real reason is that I hear God telling me that now is the time.  John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me."  While it is definitely a cool sweet thing to feel God's leading in my life, it is not always the most comforting and easiest thing to FOLLOW His leading.  To be honest, I feel Him leading me to some pretty scary things right now...the first of which was quitting my job which includes giving up that job security, adult conversations, maintaining of my nursing license, financial perks, and basically just leaving behind a job I enjoyed and was pretty comfortable in.  In a very real sense I am also giving up a part of my identity that I have had my entire adult life.  BUT, with that said, I have the PEACE that I am FOLLOWING HIM....and I have no doubt that that is the BEST position to be in right now.

2 comments:

the andersens said...

WOW!!!!! Huge move....SO glad you feel at peace about it.

hugs,
moe

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you. You'll never regret doing what the Lord wants you to. Giving up my career was NOT easy for me and was a big adjustment, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Love ya Sides. Good luck!:)