Monday, November 30, 2009

Our first day with Meili....

Today has been a great day with Meili. She is still really quiet but is SLOWLY coming out of her shell.  Marc got the first smiles out of her today  and though she gives them very seldomly, when she does it is awesome.  I got the first giggles out of her today when I gave her a few tickles (earlier she had cried every time I tried to tickle.)  Later this evening I picked her up and walked away from marc and all of the sudden she started waving to him, smiling real big and said something.....ah, that was a sweet surprise for us.  Most of the time when we put her down she doesn't move she just stands or sits there.... I mean literally doesn't even move....well, as you can see from todays pictures she did have about a 45 minute stretch of loosening up and actually playing with her toys  .....and she LOVED it.....for a few minutes we saw her real personality...I think.  She is so precious.  She continues to eat everything.  Get this, I started putting her toys away when it was time for us to go to dinner and she walked over to me and started helping me put everything away!  Marc and I were in awe. 
 
Today was a full day with lots of paperwork in lots of different buildings for our adoption.  It is now final! Yahooooooooooo.  She is officially ours today.  We'd appreciate your prayers over her passport that we get it by Friday.  Tomorrow we are just going to chill.  We are going to sleep in and hang out in our room and maybe go to a mall and walk around.....the only plan of the day is to help her feel more secure with us.  okay, gotta get her to bed! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We celebrate with you in finally getting your long-awaited daughter. We have followed your blog so feel like we almost know you! We are the grandparents of Meighan, of Tony and Sue family. We know that the grandparents of your family are excited, as we were. It was just 1 year ago today that Tony and Sue told us of their referral. What a wonderful year it has been! We pray God's continued blessings on your family.
Marvin and Ramona

the andersens said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing all this guys!! She looks so cute in her clothes all cleaned up and with her toys!!!!! Amazing!! And to get a little giggle and also a smile out of her - priceless. HUGE hugs to all three of you.

love,
moe