Hey guys.
It has really happened. We have our sweet baby girl in our hands!
Last night went something like this:
We went to the office of Civil Affairs at 7pm.
As we got out of the elevator there she was! Standing right there!
I couldn't believe it.....and I didn't know what to do.
I didn't want to scare her so I gently reached out my hand to hold hers....
THen...the crying began. She took one look at me and burst into tears.
This continued through the next hour of paperwork and me and marc passing her back and forth trying somehow to console her. I quickly stopped trying to bribe her with my toys and candy that I had brought as I realized that crying was something she needed to do. I didn't blame her one bit.
We took her back to our hotel and she stopped crying. She hasn't cried since. She is very flat affect still and has shown no personality. We think she is in shock. She hangs out with me and Marc both equally fine so we are grateful for that....and she snuggles in nice with both of us so of course that warms our hearts. She eats everything and anything. We are having difficulty figuring out how to give her fluids with her lip/palate issue.....right now we are hand squeezing a bottle into her mouth. She slept through the night so that was great....except for the fact that I was awake at 3am ready to play with her and get to know her a little more. I was too excited. I am hoping my exhaustion helps me sleep better tonight. She is a tiny little thing. No way she weighs 34 pounds like they said.
okay, gotta go.
just wanted you to know we are very very very good.
Meili is wonderful!
I will try to send pictures soon!
1 comment:
guys - together we have a poured over every word of your post and I'm in tears. Finally - she is yours. She is does look tiny, but beautiful! Her hair is grown out!!!! Hope you are all sleeping tonight. Love you all!
Mikey & Melissa
Post a Comment