Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let the wild rumpus begin.....

A little silly to make that the title but that is how I have been feeling the last few hours......like an animal bouncing off the walls of my house.  I have a certain excitable energy in me that I can't remember ever feeling before.  The reason?  Dates dates dates dates....today we got our DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have been in this official adoption process now for 14 months and for 14 months it hasn't seemed real.  There have been highs and LOWS and everything in between.  It has been an up and down emotional rollercoaster.  If I were to describe the last 14 months I would say it has been the most amazing spiritual journey and the most amazing amount of paperwork journey that I could have ever imagined.

But today, the journey has shifted for me from a concept to reality.  Today I officially got REALLY EXCITED.  I can barely contain myself.  15 days from right now I will be flying across the Pacific to have my 4th child.  I will be meeting a precious little girl who no doubt will rock our worlds.  Our lives will change forever.  I will have to face issues that I have never faced before.  I will be challenged in ways that I  have never before.  And I think that I will learn to love like I have never before.  In 15 days Marc and I will set out together for the adventure of a life time.  Oh, I am READY for my girl!

We leave from Portland on November 25th and we will return on December 11th.  We will arrive at PDX at 7:50 in the morning on that Friday morning the 11th.  We will have to go through customs and so I'm not sure what time we will actually be getting through with all of that....but if you want to come and meet our daughter at that time then we'd love to have you there. 

But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands.
Psalm 31



5 comments:

Anita Olson said...

I have goosebumps, shivers and tears of JOY for you, my dear friend. That moment of seeing her, holding her for the first time. WOW - be prepared for a life defining moment. And then remember this is a taste of JOY our heavenly father experiences when we come home to him. I can't wait to meet her!

swtelford said...

That is a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving!!! How exciting!! Good luck to you on your travels...hope it all goes smoothly. Give her a kiss for us!

Tara said...

Praise the Lord for His blessings! Children are indeed a gift from Him. May God pour out His love and favor on Mei and be her protector. We will be praying that Mei's transition will be full of warmth, grace and comfort. Blessings to you my friend!

Russ Olson said...

Awsome I will be Praying for a good trip.

gretchen said...

I am in tears... and SOOOOOO EXCITED for you guys. if I were in Portland, I would totally be there. (i think I will oot) praise God for this little life! I am so beyond excited too!!! can't wait to meet her!