Our plane landed at 10:30 here and our escort, David, was there to meet us. He is the funniest guy. He is our age and is really funny....he calls marc "chopsticks" b/c he is so skinny. Anyway, he is going to be our best friend this week as he guides us through this very important week of "adoption". As they explained it to us in Beijing, this week is all about adoption paperwork and then next week will be all about visa paperwork.
Anyway, we are here now in our motel...it is the Xi'an Hyatt and it is very nice. I guess Bill Clinton stayed in this hotel when he visited here in 91. When we got here the first thing I did was work like crazy to get our room ready for Meili, it was so fun. I got all her clothes organized, her crib made with her new soft blankets from home, her toys and books are in a nice pile so when she comes into our room she will see them, and then of course packed our bag to meet her with plenty of bribing material to try to get her to like us. Then we got a call from David saying that our meeting of her had been DELAYED from 4 pm to 7pm....and he thinks it might even be later. Bummer. It is now 5:15pm so we have less than 2 hours to go. I wanted to let you know on the blog b/c unfortunately we probably won't be able to post anything later tonight....by the time we get home with her it will be LATE and we will need to focus on HER and getting her to sleep...which they say can be the hardest part of the week. (the first night to sleep) Another thing is that the internet here is SLOW and very difficult....so please know that I will post a pic of her as soon as I can.
Xi'an is definitely way different from Beijing....much less westernized and not as much money here. It is fun to see more how the majority of China really lives.
Oh yeah, another thing about Meili....I guess the city where she lives is over 8 hours away so David, our escort, thinks that she came by train here to this city last night. My dream of meeting her foster grandma is over. I am bummed and mourning that a little bit. I held on to that hope till now.
Alrighty, Marc and I are headed out to find me a Diet Coke. I need to find me some energy for the night ahead. We are doing really good. Thanks for praying for us. I was resting in the motel room a little bit ago and I just felt this intense calmness and peace come over me. I KNEW that was God. I do not feel nervous or anxiety at all right now. Just READY for MY GIRL!
Jorie, Luke, and Caleb, I love you babies! Next time you hear from me I will be telling you all about your sister!
1 comment:
Guys......we are praying and praying and praying! Every moment we are thinking of the three of you and praying that the intense calm and peace you're feeling is still resting on you. I know Christ is filling the room as I type this. We love you all!!!!!!!
m&m & emma & jake
Post a Comment