I have to say that I can't wait to be on the plane. For those 16 hours I will be able to let everything else go except one very beautiful girl who is about to be my daughter. In those moments and hours I will think only of her and finally allow myself to spend time processing her, and all that is about to take place. Don't worry, I have gone there and do go there now on a daily basis, however, in order to function and keep all my plates spinning I can't camp out there as long as I'd like. I just can't walk around crying everywhere, ya know. The adoption process is INTENSE. Intense on every single level. It is a lot to process. I love her, I want her, and I can't wait to begin our life with her.
But as for the next 5 days.....we will continue to live for Jesus and for what He has for us in these precious days....Tomorrow Marc will be coaching his last varsity girls soccer game (possibly forever). This is his last year coaching for Jesuit and tomorrow they are playing in the State Championship game. ( I could write a novel on how we have already seen God working out His perfect timing in this adoption process but ONE of the ways is that he allowed Marc to be at this game.) Jesuit has a really good chance at winning the game and I am so excited for him and his dad to finish up their year together and in this way! Then on Sunday Marc is working his last day at the Firestation. Then Monday and Tuesday will be spent packing, cleaning, crying, and giving Jor/Luke/Caleb more hugs and kisses then they will like.
Ahhhh, God is so good.
Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 146:2
2 comments:
We just hope you don't have a 75-member high school band on the way over like we did! They didn't sleep so we didn't sleep! Try to get some sleep and then you're also lucky that you get there in the evening so you can go right to sleep. SLEEP? You won't feel like sleeping and you'll be up at 2 a.m.! Try anyway! We'll be thinking about you! We will be at our readoption hearing later in the day on Dec. 11!!!! Wish we lived closer so we could be there to welcome you home!
Sue & Tony Smith
ah, my friend... i cannot wait till the day your family picture on this blog will be your three precious blonde children and your one precious asian baby.. how wonderful and beautiful it will be! i am thinking and praying for you guys lots. so beautiful to see the Lord in this process for your family. hope you can keep blogging from china ;)
love g
Post a Comment