Well, basically the "January Adoption Memories" went something like this: "...waiting...waiting....waiting....."
I sort of emotionally disengaged because nothing was happening and the whole process seemed not real and never ending. We had completed a lot of paperwork and I didn't even have the emotional energy to apply for any grants, except one, that we haven't heard back from.
Blah, blah, blah.
But, folks, it is a new month! February is bringing a bit more excitement. On Saturday we received our US immigration form that was suppose to take between 90-120 days to receive back. For us, the form took only 52 days to get back. (yes, I was counting.) So today Marcus and I worked diligently at finishing up the last two forms needed for our dossier and as we speak (or as I write this) they are en route to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco to be authenticated. Woooo hoooo. I realize this means nothing to you. But it means soooooooo much to us. Lord willing we should receive those last two forms back in the mail in a couple weeks and will then drive them down to our agency's headquarters in Eugene and hand deliver our dossier. They will carefully go over all of our documents that we have been working on and gathering for the last 6 months and then mail our dossier to China for us. It'll be tight but there is a possibility that our dossier will be in China by the end of February.
Gotta love February!
As for my "emotional engagement"? I am back in it and ready to bring my daughter home! This month it is feeling more real. As for Marcus, steady as always. He has been excited and ready since day one.
2 comments:
So exciting how God is working in the perfect timing that He does.
Hi, my name is Melissa and I am Ryan Bennett's cousin. I saw the title of your post on Tara's page and wanted to say hello. I was adopted into my family when I was nine days old and I just want to tell you that I think adoption is a beautiful and wonderful thing and I wish you and your family a journey as deep, enriching and meaningful as mine has been. Blessings to you!
Post a Comment