Today was a very big day of our adoption journey. Marc and I and the boys took our official dossier down to our agency's headquarters in Eugene and handed it off to the wonderful people who have been helping us with this whole process.
We handed over a pack of paperwork that has taken 6 months to compile. I felt like I was handing them a million dollars. Yes, we still have to wait for their phone call to tell us that our dossier looks good enough (in other words, perfect) to send to China. (I am very optimistic about this.) But in the meantime I am celebrating. Celebrating the fact that for the first time in 6 months I have nothing to work on, no paperwork to think or fret about. We have handed it off and now it lays in the hands of our agency and hopefully very soon in the hands of the Chinese government. No more paperwork to do but still much to pray about!
The other blessing of the day was meeting 6 of the people that work on the "China Team" at our agency. What a beautiful happy group of people. It was obvious that they love their job. They kept saying what a blessing it was to them too to get to meet us because they so often are just dealing with a bunch of paper. Ya know, matching one family on paper to a baby only known to them on paper. They made us promise to come visit again with our Chinese baby. I definitely plan on doing this and taking them all lunch too! I was fighting back the tears when talking to them today. I am sooooo thankful for the support and help they have been to us in this process. We couldn't have done any of this without them.
Now we sit and pray and wait. We are waiting for two phone calls. One should come in a few days telling us that our dossier is on it's way to China. The other phone call could come at any time telling us that they have matched our family with a sweet baby girl. We also wait for China to send us our "Letter of Approval" which should come in 3-5 months.
My heart/mind/emotions: Perfect peace and totally excited!
Quote of the day:
(from Caleb as he was looking at the pictures of Chinese babies at the agency.)
"Is this the kid we're going to buy?"
6 comments:
What an exciting day for the whole family! Glad to hear that another check has been added to the list of things done. Can't wait to hear as the process unfolds in the next 3-6 months. Praying for you, your family, and your new baby girl :)
So excited for you. And welcome to the wait- it's actually a beautiful place to be. Completely dependent on God.
So exciting!! I can't wait to see this special little baby!!
Caleb has me laughing out loud! I love his perspective and am praying for you and your family.
how DO you explain taking home a child from another country to a little boy?!? ;) I am almost in tears along with you! (i hope she comes before i leave... ;) praise Jesus!
Woooooo Hooooooo!!!! One more step closer to bringing her home!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment