Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What it feels like.....

Quote from a book, The Strength of Mercy, describing the real feeling of expecting a child....
"From that moment a child began to grow in our hearts. Just as physical conception is necessary to bring a child into this world, so a conception has to take place in the heart if two people are going to bring a child into their lives through adoption. We didn't have a blood test to prove her existence. I couldn't hold a piece of paper in my hand to verify her reality by the latest ultrasound. But God's promise of a child was as real as any physical pregnancy. A daughter was conceived in our hearts just as surely as if she had been conceived in my own body."
I am totally amazed at the wild and wide range of emotions and feelings and experiences that come with the adoption process. This week I have been overwhelmed with the reality of it all and how my mother-instincts are so strong for my Chinese baby. I found this above quote and it was nice to read what I was feeling. It is so real. Something that no one could fully understand unless you've been there.

1 comment:

swtelford said...

That's beautiful. Sounds like things are moving along quickly now. I'm really excited for you and your sweet family.