Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Last week I sent off another chunk of papers to US immigration asking them to start the paperwork to accept and welcome Abby as an American citizen. (the fact that this sentence just made me cry should show you where my heart is....) I sent another chunk of papers to be authenticated at the Chinese Consulate. I sent all of our final travel documents to HOLT. I am about to send off all of our visa applications, also to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco. Oh, the paperwork. I have been a bit bewildered by the fact that this time around I have felt like I am almost constantly buried in paperwork until it finally dawned on me why.....Our other two adoptions have been a 15 and 13 month journey....and THIS adoption journey is on track to being JUST a little over the 6 month mark! It has been going soooo fast and so I have constantly been having to move right along to the next step! Holy moly! In the timeline to the right, I have added all of the final steps that have yet to happen till we get to welcome Abby into our family FOREVER! The end is in sight.....or should I say, the beginning is in sight!!!!
We've just started clearing out the girls room to attempt to make room for a third roommate, their sweet little sister. Not sure how that's going to work out yet....I figure we'll have Abby in our room for a while anyway. I am setting up a makeshift closet and a few shelves in my room to start getting her things organized.....
Started looking at more adoption blogs and reviewing their packing lists that so many of them have included...and just began our own list of what we need to take to China this time around.....Here is the link to a great list for those of you who will be making your own lists soon: http://www.babeofmyheart.com/china-adoption-pack-list/
Speaking of traveling to China, we finally made the final decision for just Marc to travel this time with our two oldest sons (ages 8 and 10). I will stay home with the other three rascals. It was not an emotionally easy decision but a decision that the Lord made clear. And I have total peace in this plan.
I am trying to think through and have things as prepared for Abby as possible when she gets to hang out with her daddy and two brothers in China. I found this music that I am really excited to load onto Marc's itunes. Here is the link: http://alittlemandarin.com/music/ Luke and I were listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star last night and almost fell asleep, it sounds so peaceful. I hope it brings comfort to Abby too.
And, I am back on You Tube watching all sorts of Chinese Gotcha Day videos....oh, they are so fun!
And so, on all fronts, we are gearing up for ABBY!!!!!!!! yahoooooooo!!!!!!
In closing, I want to share a link that my good friend, "g", sent me to watch of the things NOT to say to adoptive families. It cracks me up....ofcourse, because it is soooo reality! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFp61HAj-nk&noredirect=1#t=160

No comments:
Post a Comment