Monday, September 2, 2013

A Father's Joy

I married Marc because he was my best friend.  I deeply loved him and I knew that I wanted to walk alongside him through all of life's adventures.  By the grace of God, it was the best decision I ever made.

15 years later, I still marvel at the fact that God gave him to me.  He cannot stand it when women gush all over their husbands on the internet so I will TRY to refrain from too much gush (although he deserves it because he is awesome!) ....but I can't tell you the name of our 6th child without mentioning just a little bit about how amazing my hubby is.

We are going to name our daughter, Abby

We had a very short list of names that we both were "okay" with.  However, when I looked up the meaning of the names, I had no doubt that "Abby" was it.  The meaning of the name Abby is "A father's joy", or "the joy of the father".  Um, YES.  The way that Marc loves our children and the way that he is so selflessly and bravely and boldly following the Lord to our next child....our SIXTH child!....oh, she already is his joy!  And ONLY God could have given him that joy for her in his heart.  My prayer is that she will KNOW that she IS her heavenly Father's joy just as she will no doubt feel and know that she is her daddy's joy. 


Her father's joy,  Abby Ruth.
 

No comments: