Monday, May 27, 2013

a note from my oldest.



 One of the top 5 questions I get about adoption is, "How do your other children feel about it?"  So, I thought it would be appropriate for our oldest daughter who is 11 years old to share our news.

Hi my name is Jorie and my mom gave me the privilege to announce this exciting news for our family!  Well I really do not know how to say it.
BUT, WELL, WE ARE ADOPTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS A GIRL! She will be four years old in December, 2013. Yes, another birthday in December. That makes four birthdays for our family in December!
It is sorda not a surprise! I mean mom and dad (if they could) would probably adopt every orphan.
I knew even before they told us that we were adopting. They thought I was reading but really I was listening to their conversations! (HAHAHAHA)
When mom and dad told me that we were going to adopt Meili, I was super duper excited.
Then when mom and dad told us that we were adopting Levi I was excited but not as much as i was with Meili. And when mom and dad told me we were adopting LITTLE SISTER I was like O WE ARE ADOPTING AGAIN.  I  was not even surprised! I guess that is the new normal thing in the Skipper house hold. If you are surprised that we are adopting again, you do not know my parents that well.

I am pretty excited about this adoption. I mean we need another girl in this house. There is a little problem: there is no way a bed is going to fit in our bedroom. Mother says we do not need to worry about it. We are thinking about girl names.  But mom says I can't tell you what they are yet.

Thanks for listening to our exciting news,  Jorie

2 comments:

Tony and Sue said...

Hey, great job, Jorie! And congratulations! Can't wait to hear more info!

beth said...

Wow, congratulations! I have been following your blog for awhile. We just sent our dossier to China and we are waiting for LID. What a lucky family you have!