Friday, January 20, 2012

With all the happenings in our lives and hearts right now, don't think for a second that I have forgotten my Chinese baby that is waiting for his momma to come and get him over in China.

In the midst of our "life" this week, we received in the mail the document that we have been waiting for 3 months for.  It was from the US Gov't's Dept. of Homeland Security and contained the one sentence that we needed to receive in order to continue on this LONG adoption journey:

"You have been approved to adopt one child from the following Convention country:  China"

Well, thank you very much United States government.  I am not sure why the heck it takes you three months to figure that out but nevertheless, thank you.  And now our attention has quickly turned to the Chinese government.  Yesterday we sent via Fed Ex this last document to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco.  It will take them 2 weeks (hopefully) to authenticate this document and send it back to us.  Once they return it to us we will finally have our dossier complete and ready to send to China.  Then, we will have another 3 months wait for the Chinese government to read through every detail of our lives (awesome.) and determine if they deem us fit to adopt. 

And that is where we are at in this second journey of adoption.


So, if you wonder what I am doing with my spare time in the next 2 weeks.  I am probably on-line checking Fedex.com to track my paperwork to see where it is.  I am just a little bit obsessed.  FYI:  it is currently in San Francisco waiting for delivery to the Consulate on Monday morning. 

Come on, baby.  Let's keep this thing moving!  I need to love on my baby boy!

1 comment:

Tony and Sue said...

I wondered why you hadn't been blogging for so long. I know you're busy but didn't know you were THIS busy! Wow!

Thanks for the Christmas card! Can't wait to see your new son in your arms!

Sue