Saturday, January 14, 2012

learning to read!

 Last summer we went back and forth about whether or not to send Caleb to Kindergarten.
The only reason to send him was because I was incredibly fearful of teaching him to read.
The older two kiddos learned how to read from their fantastic kindergarten teacher and I was convinced that I wasn't capable of teaching someone to read.
Then I recognized that decision would be totally fear based and how could I send him away while all the rest of us were having a blast at home together.  And in the end, he tearfully begged me to let him stay at home with the rest of us.

And so, I prayerfully picked a reading curriculum and we began with lesson one.
Some lessons were fast and fun.
Others were painfully slow and filled with tears.
And finally last week....we finished lesson 100.

It is with GREAT JOY that I can now announce that Mr. Caleb knows how to read!
And let me tell you.....watching your kid smile for the first time....or take his first steps....has NOTHING on watching your kid learn to read!    Being a part of that adventure with him, watching God teach him, watching him learn to seek the Lord for help when he was struggling.....
oh wow....and to think I almost missed this experience.
GOD IS GOOD!
http://covers.openlibrary.org/b/id/6922907-M.jpg

No comments: