Put it in the record books: the girl who said she would NEVER homeschool kids has officially survived her first week. Not only did I survive but I loved every single minute of it.
I did not say that every moment went perfectly smooth, nor did I say that there are not bucket loads of kinks to work out....but what did happen in our home this week was one of the most amazing experiences that I have ever had as a mother. I LOVED it. And I think the kids are liking it too.
I realize that this was just the first week. My adrenaline will soon wear off and there will be some hard times. But, what I can confidently say is that we are RIGHT where God wants us. I have a peace that surpasses understanding that we are doing what He has asked us to do. And the blessings that He has given us are overflowing.
Funny enough we went on a fieldtrip every day last week. A couple days we went (about 5 minutes away) to watch Extreme Home Makeover do their thing on a school and then Friday we spent several hours at the Oregon Gardens enjoying their "homeschool day". The pictures below are from the Oregon Gardens. It was a super fun day.
learning about wild land fires.
Jorie is trying to figure out if she wants to get as close to the worms as her brothers.
Caleb said this was his favorite spot. Pond water filled with fun things like tadpoles, little fishies, bugs, and pond vegetation.
No surprise, this was Luke's favorite. BUGS.
the gift of friendship.
my girls.
my boys.
happy momma.
Do not work for food that spoils,
but for food that endures to eternal life,
which the Son of Man will give you.
John 6:27
No comments:
Post a Comment