Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Referral Day!!!!!!!!!!!

After another wild emotional 24 hours yesterday we received our second referral today. We haven't officially accepted this referral yet but we plan to this evening. She is an 18 month old with cleft lip and palate. She is living with a foster grandma which is awesome because that means that she is hopefully learning to connect and attach. We have received very little medical info. on her which is hard but we still feel a tremendous amount of peace....that we never had with our first referral. The info. given to us states that her favorite activity is "playing outdoors" which is a perfect match to our family!
Please pray for us that we continue to have peace as we proceed with writing up our acceptance letter to the Chinese government.

5 comments:

swtelford said...

YEA!!!!!!! So exciting Jen!! Congrats!!!

the andersens said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! I've been holding myself back from running across the street all afternoon to give you guys some time - but watch out for crazy hugs from us tomorrow because that's about all the willpower I have!! To say we're excited and SO happy for all of you is an understatement!! What a blessing she is with a foster grandma!!! Amazing. We will be lifting you all up in prayer tonight. God rocks!!!!

love you guys,
m&m

Anita Olson said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Adoption stuff is just a happening everywhere. She is beautiful and I'm so excited for you. There is nothing quite like accepting a referral, and I'm so happy for your family.

Tara said...

Praise God! I couldn't be more thrilled!

Anonymous said...

really happy for you Jen! Keep blogging the path...and journey. When do you go to get her?