Thursday, December 12, 2013

And they're off!

Well, the last few days have been crazy making several "last minute shopping" stops and getting the boys' three suitcases all filled up with just the right things....A couple months ago, thinking about packing, I was just at a blank as to what to send for Abby....my almost 4 year old daughter who I know NOTHING about in terms of her likes and dislikes....But, this week as it was time to finally put it all in the suitcase, I had so much fun packing all the miscellaneous things I had been gathering for the last several months.  I felt like it really came together.  I cannot wait to see what her likes are and what she enjoys playing with!
I searched the house for lightweight books that her brothers and daddy would love to read to her.  I had so much fun thinking about all of them when packing!
And then alas, today came.  Just 7 months and 5 days since God told us she was ours....
This morning I dropped these handsome dudes off at the airport and they are finally on their way for an adventure of a lifetime!  My two prayers for this trip is that it rocks both my boys worlds and God uses this trip for His glorious purposes  AND I pray that it will always be a very very special part of Abby's story to her, that is was her dad and brothers who first overwhelmed her with their love.  
 

As for my emotional state.  Today I am doing pretty good.  I am consumed with peace which I can ONLY attest to God's perfect peace which surpasses understanding.  I definitely feel like God has told me to stay home and ofcourse that helps with my peace about being here.

This week in thinking about this trip, I felt the Lord lead me to pray for the boys to be hemmed in by the presence of God...you know, how the Israelites were protected by the presence of God in the cloud and in the fire that went before and after them....my prayer has been the same for my boys.  And then yesterday the lyrics of this song by Chris Tomlin, Whom Shall I Fear, really caught my heart and it has since become MY song, especially over these next few weeks!  I LOVE how it talks about God going before us and after us and it praises His faithfulness.  It is so my heart right now.  Amen and amen!  Love it!  My prayer is that as you listen to this song, you will hear the Spirit whispering His love for you into your ear.....that you will also hold onto His promises with all the hard stuff you are going through.  To God be the glory!


I would love to ask you to specifically pray for our family's health.  Yesterday morning Levi and I got very sick with high fevers.  Today, I am much better but Levi is still really sick and now Jorie and Mei also have joined the sick club.  The only people that haven't gotten it yet are the 3 travelers.  yikes.  Please pray for those of us at home to heal quickly and for God's protection of my 3 handsome dudes' health!  Thank you soooo much!
Thank you for praying for my family!

No comments: