Friday, November 1, 2013

good bye, October

October is always the busiest month of the year.  Always.

And this October did not disappoint.

A wedding, birthdays galore, a mini family vacation, a serious medical treatment, we gave our family dog away, pumpkin patch, one of us had a little medical crisis resulting in a 5 day hospital stay.....along with all of the normal "stuff".....oh, October....

As I have thought about blogging throughout the month, through all of October's adventures, my favorite song would always come to mind.  And so, at last, I will just write some of the lyrics to my most very favorite song, In Christ Alone.  Through all of our fun and adventures this month, He was sovereign and He was victorious.  Somehow, it always all comes back to Him.  He is soo soo soo good.  I want to live for Christ alone.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

And as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand
I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand

............

"What seemed like the obstacles were actually the paths."  ~Bob Goff 

"Stillness with God is always a matter of focus, not of circumstances." ~Ann Voscamp 

1 comment:

Jo said...

Amen! I played this song along with the slide show at my mama's celebration of life service. "To live is Christ and to die is gain," says Paul! The Skips are livin' the livin' for Christ part out to the fullest!

Love you all, The Shook Tribe