Tonight, my Bible study group started discussing the various parts of Scripture that discuss anguish and joy...and we heard from our teacher, Beth Moore (from her James study), about the sacred dance that grief and joy have together in the Bible and in life. I have never before heard or thought or studied about the concept that those two intense emotions often go together.....hmmm.....
Life can be so complex, can't it be.
As I go to bed tonight with so many thoughts swirling in my head, I am thankful for the passages in Scripture that God has been pointing out to me the last couple days.
And He shall be the stability of your times.
Isaiah 33:6
In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence....The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life; that one may avoid the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:26-27
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10
The fear of the Lord leads to life.
Proverbs 19:23
Anguish is everywhere. It is inevitable. And it is so hard. The promise from the Lord of joy is nice....but may not lessen the pain and mental distress of the anguish. Life is a beautiful mess. And can feel so complicated.
I am so thankful for my God, my Rock.
I need Him through the ups and downs, the anguish and the joy.
He alone will be our security and our comfort and our hope and our joy through all that life throws at us and all that we get to walk through.....
Cling to Him, sisters, through the anguish and the joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment