Monday, October 15, 2012

Metamorphosis

met·a·mor·pho·sis 

1. Biology . a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly.



Last week in Science class we studied the metamorphosis of insects.
We awed over the complete metamorphosis that happens in insects, such as the butterfly.
We learned the Greek word for metamorphosis is transformation.
And then paralleled the metamorphosis that happens in a butterfly to the transformation that God does in our hearts when we become followers of Him.

You know I LOOOOVE when God speaks to my heart through Homeschool.
By the end of the lesson, I was almost in tears realizing that God has done a complete metamorphosis, a complete transformation, on my heart towards Levi.
I can't believe that is has been just two months since I met my son.
I can't believe it because the amount of turmoil (for lack of better word) that my heart has been through, it feels like it has been much longer.
But oh praise the Lord, He alone has transformed my heart and I am now deeply in love with my son.
He is my son.
I want him.
I love him.
I adore him.
And, in God's perfect timing, He completed the transformation on my heart just in time for last week's big assessment of Levi's "early intervention" needs.
To make a long story short, sweet Levi qualifies for every kind of early intervention therapy that our local public school district offers.
And so, in the next couple weeks, we were told to expect calls from:
speech therapy,
occupational therapy,
physical therapy,
a preschool teacher,
and an autism specialist.
In addition, there are possible issues with his vision and hearing so we will be heading to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist and probably an ENT doc sometime very soon.
Not to mention our Pediatric GI specialist that we will see again in a few weeks.

ah.....deep breath......
That assessment was just the beginning.
There are mountains of issues and hurdles still to figure out.  Most importantly, where all of this therapy is going to take place.  He obviously has his developmental issues, but even bigger than those, he has his adoption related issues of grief/loss/attachment/bonding.  Therefore, the place and atmosphere of these therapies is of utmost importance. 

So anyways, that's the scoop.
Homeschool rocks!
God's creation of the process of metamorphosis is freaking incredible!
The transformation that He does, and is continually doing, in our hearts is profound and life-altering.
 I am soooo thankful that in God's perfect timing, He has bonded my heart to Levi.
AND God is continuing to call me into a deeper trust in Him.....one day at a time........


And the Skips Great Adventure continues.
Rock on.  :)

No comments: