Saturday, October 27, 2012

A grown up orphan girl.

One of the many details in my heart from our visit to Levi's orphanage is this teenage girl:

She is a beautiful 16?,17?,18? year old.  I am sure they don't even know her age.  She has lived in the orphanage her whole life.  She is one of the lucky ones who wasn't kicked out onto the streets after she aged out of the system and gets to stay in the orphanage helping to care for the other orphans.  Orphans caring for orphans.  Can you imagine?  I say "lucky" because I am told that most kids that age out of the Chinese orphanage system and leave the orphanage get caught up in sex trafficking.  ugh.

She has a bed in this room with about 10 other cribs.  She sleeps here with the babies. Her bed is in the bottom right corner of the picture.


 This is the room she is in charge of.  At least 10 babies/young children were just lying in the floor in there.
An orphan caring for these beautiful orphans.  These beautiful children that God created.

Oh, bless her heart.  She had such a sweet disposition.  Such a precious sweet spirit.


If I go back to that city someday, which I probably will, you better believe I will go looking for this girlie.  I am going to find her and see if she wants to move home with me.  I imagine getting a passport or a visa for an aged out orphan, who is still living as an orphan, will be difficult.  But I serve a God who can move mountains, so I am going to try.
I love her and I don't even know her.
I can't stop thinking about her.


No comments: