One of those days in the life of a homeschooling family.
........ when you find yourself starting off your school morning with your eyes closed for LOOOOONG pauses every 10 minutes saying, "Lord, I can't do this without you. How am I ever going to get through this?"
........having to practically sit on my youngest son to get him to do his reading lesson and then by the end of it he begged me to do 2 reading lessons instead of one.
........watching my daughter struggle over her math test and then celebrated with her when we graded it together.
.........having one of those experiences with my oldest two kids that I never want to forget and reminds me JUST why we are doing homeschool.....and it went like this:
The history topic of the day was the Babylonian Empire. After we read about it in our history books and God's Word we pulled down the globe and located where it used to be on the map. The significance of where it once was is of course huge considering it is so close in proximity to what is now Baghdad. This simple little fact led us into a discussion that lasted much longer than anticipated. (I was kinda thinking we would find that one thing on the map and be done.) Long story short is that we sat on the couch snuggled up for a freaking hour and a half discussing current events as God led us through the globe. One thing led to another. Caleb eventually went to gather his army guys and sat quietly on the floor reenacting the Babylonians taking over the Assyrians while me and the other kids discussed everything from the earthquake in Japan to what is the best way to feed the hungry in Africa. The conversation was rich and meaningful and soooooooooo led by the Holy Spirit. At the end of our LONG discussion, the kids begged me to not get up, they wanted to KEEP discussing.
As I ponder our "homeschool" experience today, I am in awe. In awe of how I was so aware of my depravity this morning and how aware I am now, at the end of the day, of God's leading and His provision and His amazing teaching through just about every detail of the day. Not only did He alone carry us through the day, but He far exceeded anything I could have prepared for. He was my kids teacher today and it was pretty amazing to witness.
It was just one of those days.
One of those days that really isn't that rare for a homeschool family.
It was awesome! God is awesome!
For the Lord gives wisdom
and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6
1 comment:
Thank you for posting this. I need to let God do the teaching in our home instead of pushing my agenda!
Post a Comment