Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Isaiah 42

This week in Bible Study we are reading through Isaiah 42.
Frankly, the last several chapters of Isaiah have totally spoken to my heart and rocked my world in a very very good way.....so beginning upon this chapter I had some unspoken feelings that nothing could compare to what God has already done in my heart through the last few chapters.  I kinda felt like I have been on the mountaintop with Jesus the last few weeks and it may be time to come on back down.....

And so yesterday morning I read these words from God (Isaiah 42:6-8) somewhat emotionally disengaged:
"I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;  I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord;  that is my name!"
I did a short amount of study on this passage, wrote down some of God's promises in it, pondered if God is talking about Jesus and what He will do, thanked God for His fulfillment of all of His promises, and then closed up my Bible for the day.

And then last night happened.  I ran into a highschool friend that I haven't seen in 10+ years.  I will sum up our amazing conversation with this:  After living in dark dark darkness for over 36 years, a couple months ago God brought him out of the dungeon and my friend is now BEAMING with God's light and joy and telling everyone he knows about God's amazing salvation and grace that he has received through Jesus!

This morning I read through this passage again, this time I was TOTALLY emotionally engaged.  Indeed, He opens the eyes of the blind, frees the captives from prison, and releases from the dungeon those who live in such darkness!  Indeed, He alone is God.  He alone is worthy of all praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahooo!!!!!!!!  God is so good!  I am soooooooo in awe of Him.  So thankful that I am still on that mountain with Him and He still is choosing to speak to my heart and drawing me closer to Him, and SHOWING me a peak into how He indeed is fulfilling His promises!

"I am the LORD: that is my name!"
Isaiah 42:8

No comments: