Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the last hoorah of the summer.

4 days of camping, 5 amazing families, 17 adventuresome children under 9, dirt everywhere, a beautiful lake, every kid to bed by 8:30, hours of late night talks for the adults by the campfire (with many secrets revealed), coolers full of candy (thanks Bauldrees), 1 lizard caught (thanks Mikey), hundreds of bugs tortured caught, super fun and countless hours on the boats (Withams, you are awesome!), smores, a gazillion chairs around the campfire.
Ah, what a way to end the summer.
Thanking the Lord for the awesome gift of friendship.

Many people will walk in and out of your life,
but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

gretchen said...

I love your family! (and I am just a little bit jealous of your trip...!) what I wouldn't give to go camping in Oregon right now... ;) xoxox

the andersens said...

ahhhh.....awesome pics girl. you captured the trip perfectly!!! what a GREAT time!! thanks for being the resident photographer!