“You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Acts 1:8
“We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.”
I John 2:3
God has called our family to go to Africa for two years.
We will leave in September.
We will be working at a center in Kenya that ministers to the vulnerable women and children from a nearby slum. The Center consists of a small orphanage, home for pregnant young women, vocational training, and an all day pre-school type program. The work load and job is way too much for Marc and I to handle alone. This is yet another indicator of why God has called us to this position. He knows that without Him we cannot do it. Ah, to Him be the glory. We are going in His strength alone and we cannot wait to live a life in total dependence upon Him. (you may need to remind me that I said that.)
As for right now we are beginning to make preparations to leave the country for two years, which is no small task. God has been faithful to remind me that this is His deal and I am just along for the ride. He has all things in His control. I have my moments of freak-out but then I hear His sweet strong voice calling me to trust and live by faith alone.
As for the last few weeks, my life verse is Galatians 2:20. God brings it to my mind almost hourly and it means more to me then ever before. "For I am crucified to Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live, in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself for me." It's one thing to say it....it's a whole other thing to live it. Hard....and good. so good.
The Great Adventure of living in relationship with God continues......
4 comments:
Wow! I think the title of your blog says it all! What a great adventure your family will have! Our prayers will be with you! Keep in touch!
Can't wait to hear the details!! Such a great blessing and opportunity!
and the verse that God keeps telling ME for almost three years now... (a chapter later.. ;)
"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think" Galatians 3:20
I didn't know you were going until I read your blog-I would love to know more about this and how you guys are doing it-as God is tugging also on our hearts to do something-not sure what yet-but something to help orphans and widows! We just got our baby girl referral-so are really excited, but I saw your blog and had to write! I so admire what you are doing! Are you going through an organization? I will definately be following your journey! amber
Post a Comment