I think it may have been a while since I have written about Meili.
So, I wanted to write a little update on her.
I was reminded this week, as I looked back at my journal from the last couple years, of some of the fears that I faced during our 15 month wait for her to come home to us. I am soooo glad that I wrote them out because I was able to look back in AWE of how God has amazingly met and conquered every one of those fears. One of my fears was concern that Meili would not "fit" into our very established family. I worried that her personality would be lame (sad but true). I worried that she would hate all of us. I worried that she would never transition. I worried that she wouldn't eat. I worried that she wouldn't sleep. I worried that I wouldn't love her like my biological babes. I worried that she wouldn't love her siblings. God allowed me to go to a point with my fears that I had to wonder if ALL of my fears actually came true, would I be okay with that? In other words, was I okay with WHATEVER God was bringing into our family? Would I be okay and content with Him alone? Did I truly and completely trust His sovereignty? Well, after He allowed me to wallow in my fears a while, He graciously and gently fixed my eyes back on to Him and reminded me of how good He is....and that He would not allow ANYTHING to come into our lives that wouldn't grow and deepen our relationship with Him. He didn't promise me anything with Meili except that He was indeed sovereign and was in COMPLETE control and our family would ALWAYS be okay resting in Him.....God is so good. He didn't promise me any "great" circumstances, but did promise that He would be there for me and for our family every single minute.
So, with that said, this week as I was looking back onto this part of the journey, I was brought to tears as God showed me how He has brought us a girl that not only is the opposite of my fears but is so beyond wonderful that now I can't stop thinking about how much I don't deserve her. Okay, Meili is ofcourse not perfect, but as far as I am concerned she is as good as it gets. She is just fabulous. She is an extraordinary child. She is funny. She is obedient. She is very smart. She is sleeping through the night. She eats really well. She is adorable. She LOVES her siblings. I LOVE her as much as all of my babies. She is gentle and sweet and caring. Ahhhh, you get the idea.
Why am I writing all of this? For one thing, I want you to know that we have been home for 4 months. It was a really hard transition in a lot of ways. But, by the grace of God, we all made it. Meili is completely and 100% a part of our family. Are there still a few issues associated with her past 2 years of life that we are occassionally dealing with? absolutely (but not much). Do we and she have MANY more potential issues to deal with as she grows older? of course. But let me tell ya, I have learned to trust God through this adoption journey in ways that can NEVER be shaken. No matter what is ahead, He will help us through and will use it to draw us to Him. And THAT is an awesome truth.
Ahhh, to HIM be the glory for the work that He has done in my heart.
To HIM be the glory for the AMAZING person that He has created in Meili.
Secondly, for any of you that may read this that are in the "waiting game" of the adoption process right now, keep your eyes on Jesus, my friends! HE will NEVER disappoint. His plan is perfect. I encourage you to keep a journal of your deepest thoughts....then you too can look back in a little while and give God glory as you can see His hand upon it all!
I think the following pictures say it all:
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Ephesians 3:20
1 comment:
Isn't it amazing how God, not men, matched your family with a child meant to be part of your lives? I'm constantly amazed at how well our daughter fits in our family and lives, too!
I LOVE that family picture!
Sue
Post a Comment