Hello all.
Just wanted to update you on adoption stuff.
Marc and I are doing very well. God is so good.
We have experienced more than ever the meaning of Philippians 4:7
"The peace of God, which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
While we have no understanding yet of why all that had to happen we are overwhelmed with peace that God is sovereign and is in total control. I still experience from time to time some grief over the situation which I am sure is normal. Since declining the referral I feel like everywhere I turn I am learning of another family that also declined their first referral. It has been nice to know that our "emotions" have not been abnormal and to know that there is indeed others out there who know what we are going through and what it feels like to go through such an ordeal.
Through it all our faith in the Lord has been strengthened. He is so good.
In the next few weeks we hope to get another referral.
Life continues to move on and below is a few pictures of life this past week:
Luke came up with the idea to make a "necklace" for his cousin's first birthday. I think it turned out to be her favorite gift.
.JPG)
Caleb decided to make sure that the cake tasted okay for his cousin.
.JPG)
Sweet Kylie enjoyed playing with her momma.
.JPG)
Happy Birthday sweet niece.
Gimme that cake!!!
.JPG)
Thursday nights at the Skipper home.
Best buds.

Bonding moments on the heater.

Spring Soccer has begun.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Jorie hugging her favorite coach!!!
.JPG)
Luke has turned out to be the type of guy that enjoys everything he does in life....including being on the sidelines.


This is what Saturdays look like for us.


O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Psalm 84:12
2 comments:
Jen, I can't wait till you get that sweet baby in your arms, and you just KNOW why things worked out the way they did!
Hi!
I stumbled across your blog through Tara's....What a great blog! I will have to start reading it!
God Bless!
Angela Ditchen
www.dailyditch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment