Not much excitement in the adoption department but so far things are continuing to move along smoothly.
Our big form that was sent to the US immigration dept. is being processed which we know because they cashed our whopper of a check and called us up to the Homeland Security office in Portland last week to have our fingerprints taken. It should be another 6 weeks or so before we see that piece of paperwork completed.
Since I last wrote we have sent off and received back a huge pile of paperwork to the Chinese Consulate in San Fran. That was a stressful little ordeal but I am happy to report that we have the far majority of our state-certified-AND-authenticated papers in our possession and ready to head overseas to China.
Currently we are awaiting our immigration form to return to us which we will then have to notarize/certify/and authenticate. This is our last and only remaining form that we are waiting to complete our dossier. Then all the forms will be sent to our wonderful agency to carefully check over and then they will send them to China as our dossier.
In the meantime we are also awaiting a referral for a baby. It could come today, it could come in 6 months. CRAZY.
2 comments:
How exciting and nerve racking at the same time! How do you possibly keep track of all the paper work and forms? I'd go crazy. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast, let alone keep track of impt. papers. You're good!
Hey! What kind of camera did you get? It looks GREAT!!
Thanks for the adoption update!!
I loved the interview...a great reminder of the "eternal" things that really matter.
Post a Comment