Thursday, April 25, 2013
thankfulness and trust.
Thankfulness and Trust:
Two words that God has been impressing into my heart and calling me into a deeper level with Him the last couple months. The antithesis to self pity, self focus, fear, insecurity, etc.
Today I read Daniel chapter 6 to the kids.
One of the most famous chapters in the Bible.
Daniel and the lions den.
I have to say, it has been on my mind ALL DAY.
I am blown away by how God spoke to my heart through this "famous chapter" that I have read so many times before.
After Daniel found out that a decree had been made to throw whoever into the Lion's Den who prayed to anyone beside the king, Daniel went back to his home and, "Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving THANKS to his God, just as he had done before."
WHAT???? He heard that if he continued praying to the one true God then he would be thrown into the lion's den.....and then he went home and gave THANKS to God???!!!! JUST AS HE HAD ALWAYS BEEN DOING???!!!!! Hello. I love how God has been whispering, "Be thankful." into my ear for a while now and then today He gives me this amazing picture of what a DEEP thankfulness looks like. Continual, unwavering, solid, completely based on who Christ is and NOT AT ALL based on how we are feeling or what our circumstances are. He had such a habit of giving thanks that he "paid no attention to the king or the decree that was put in writing." wow.
As I was discussing this with the kids, I heard the Spirit speaking to me. How often are we so thankful for our "good" circumstances and the things that "feel" so good. Me me me. That is often what I give thanks for. Things that are somehow related to ME! And the things that I can see the good in.
And THEN down in verse 23, after Daniel was pulled out of the lion's den the next day, it is said that, "no wound was found on him, because he had TRUSTED in God." I have been thinking all day: Do I trust that God could allow me to be thrown into a lion's den and not be eaten up? Do I trust him even half that much? And then ofcourse my mind went to my current "lion's den" situations.....we all have them.....our own struggles.....
Wow. Daniel knew what it meant to TRUST God. I have a long way to go.
God is so good. So good.
I want to be steadfast and resolved and unwavering like Daniel in my trust and thankfulness to God.
To the Lord of lords and the King of kings.
He alone is worthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment