So, off I go running out the door and role into class a couple minutes late. All I could think about is that it was kinda fun to be at a "class" and I hoped to learn something. And then, the 5 other moms in the class had to introduce themselves. I wasn't prepared for what was about to happen.
The first mom says, "Hi. My son is three and he was just diagnosed with autism." And then she begins to cry. And cry. Oh, my heart. Instantly, my heart was engaged. This is all such a whole new world for me. It's quite surreal. Every mom had her story. Every mom cried. I was not prepared for that.
It was really so surprising to me that in a room of strangers, in a cold and sterile government funded classroom environment, the topic of autism and their precious children so quickly brought about such raw heartfelt emotions from these mommas. It is such a hard diagnosis for these parents to get. And frankly, there is a LOT of extra stress is raising one of these special kiddos.........
Hmmmm, lots for me to ponder.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139

1 comment:
Jen, I am always so encouraged by your heart and strength. I love you and appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and faith more than your know. Blessingd, Tara
Post a Comment