Monday, August 8, 2011

beach day.

 On Saturday, Wendy and I took a road trip.
 We had planned for our whole family to go but because of 2 of my kids being sick, Marcus stayed home with all of them and let me sneak away with Wendy to make sure she did not leave us without seeing the glorious Oregon Coast. 
 I hated leaving my family behind, but as it turned out, it was so special for Wendy and I to have that day alone.
 I cannot tell you how many times Wendy said, "beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....".
For I am the LORD your God,
   who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar—
   the LORD Almighty is his name.
 I have put my words in your mouth
   and covered you with the shadow of my hand—
I who set the heavens in place,
   who laid the foundations of the earth,
   and who say to Zion, ‘You are my people.’
 Isaiah 51
It was indeed a glorious day.
 A day she will never forget.
 Only 2 days till she leaves us for her home.
She will be taking a piece of my heart with her.

No comments: