Friday, July 18, 2008

Sad

Today my heart is sad. I went to a friend from high school, Brian M., dad's funeral. My heart aches for my good friend who has lost his dad so suddenly and so young. The pain and sadness in Brian's face and in his hug will be with me for a while.

Death is bizarre, it hurts, it is inevitable.

I cling to the Lord and his Word at this time. I pray that Brian will too.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 97

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to go to the funeral. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Meier's during this difficult time.
-Emily